This will be my first outing since last September.
The reasons are very simple
- I toured Southern Africa in a hired motohome for October and part of November (A wonderful trip).
- I sustained a severe muscle bruise in November which took a long time to heel. (Driving was tiring)
- Then the weather became very wet. (I was worried about getting stuck in the mud).
- Finally just as I made plans Lockdown happened.
Campsites have now been allowed to open.
They have to be Covid secure so I a going to see how this is achieved.
As I have a contract for a second walking book I need to continue the research as soon as possible.
The second walk book also looks for routes directly from campsites.
This time I am looking for campsites near pubs.
It may sound straight forward but it is not.
- The site I would like to go has not updated the information on its website for a considerable time so I do not know if it open for business.
- The reviews of the site are off putting.
I am going to another campsite close by.
Unusually I have booked my visit.
(I don't generally do this until the day before departure.
Campsites are getting fully booked very quickly).
Its information is up to date.
I will check out both campsites whilst away and see which to include in my book.
Where am I going? Dartmoor.
I can't wait.