The reason is very simple:- I had several commitments which took up a considerable amount of my time and left me very tired. I nearly didn't post this week as I had planned to do another couple of campsites but the weather does not look so good so I decided to hang fire.
What took up my time:-
- The General Election. No I was not a candidate. I was a poll clerk. I had to open up the building at 6 am. We closed it at 10 pm then cleared away. What a very very long busy day. I was a bit stupid and stayed up for a while to see how things were going as the outcome was uncertain and polls have not always been accurate recently. It was very interesting.
- Then it was my daughter's birthday. Busy time.
- Next I had a dog show to finalize the preparations and to run. This was my first dog show so it was a learning experience. On the day of the show it did mean I was occupied all day, setting up, taking registrations and then organizing the classes and handing out the rosettes. Fortunately I did not do the judging. Unfortunately for me it meant I could not enter Pearl unless someone else was her handler. I did try that for the best trick class. Considering everything; different place; lots of people, dogs and noise; different handler; Pearl did very well. I did do the musical tiles with her. That is like musical chairs but the dogs have to sit on a carpet tile when the music stops. This was easy to judge. The dog was either in or out. It was just as well I did not win.
Sadly for various reasons I did not take any photos so no pictures of the event. This is something I would change next year plus a couple of other things IF they ask me to do it again.
Now I am planning my trip to Scotland. The campsite is in the far north of Scotland near Inverness. I estimate it will take at least 2 long days of driving to get there. I'm not sure which way round to do it
- Scotland - Thirsk - Burnley - Alrewas
- Alrewas - Burnley - Thirsk - Scotland.
or a variation on this.
Also a consideration is the weather.
Rain is forecast for most northern areas for all of the next 2 weeks. Not good.
Here is a photo of
Pearl in the van with her toy.
She likes to have this toy with her when she goes off in the van.
Hopefully we will be off soon, toy and all